Social Worker Advanced Curriculum Seminar
Date & Time
April 27, 2018 @ 8:00 am
April 27th, 2018
Kelly Karavousanos, LPC, Director of Grief Services Baue FH and Center for Hope and Healing
Rev. Jordan C. Dollar, Master of Divinity, Endorsed Chaplain – Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
Elizabeth S. Matoushek, MSW, LMSW, Crisis Intervention Manager, Provident, Inc.
At the end of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Define and recognize compassion fatigue in self.
- Apply appropriate self care routine to increase job/life satisfaction and increase quality of patient care.
- Learners will report knowledge of suicide statistics and motivations for suicide.
- Learners will know how to complete suicide safety assessment and create a suicide safety assessment with a suicidal person.
- Learners will demonstrate suicide safety assessment skills and safety planning.
- Attendees will learn to appreciate the complexity of cultural issues that affect end of life care and learn to adopt an attitude of cultural humility in providing patient care.
- Attendees will learn to plan for cultural observances in advance of patient death, learn to consider the influence of their own culture on how they provide patient care and learn to provide individualized patient care in consideration of patient’s own cultural needs.
This workshop will have something for every social worker and much more. Please come join us for this informative educational opportunity!
8:30am – 9:00am Registration
9:00am – 10:30am Caring for the Professional Caregiver, Kelly Karavousanos
10:30am – 12:30pm Cultural Diversity in End of Life Care, Rev. Jordan C. Dollar
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm – 3:30pm Suicide Intervention in Hospice and Palliative Care, Elizabeth S. Matoushek
3:30pm – 4:00pm Q&A/Evaluations
The cost for this seminar is $150.00 for members & $175.00 for non-members.
Late fee of $25 will be applied after April 6, 2018.
There are no refunds, however substitutions are welcome.
This seminar provides 6 Social Worker Contact hours. Each CE Certificate will be an extra $25.
Upon completion of this course each attendee will be required to complete an evaluation. Each participant will then receive a certificate. Each attendee must complete the entire course to receive CE credits. Certificates will be distributed to attendees upon signing out of the seminar.
For any questions or concerns please contact Crystal at email@example.com.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Doubletree Hotel located at 422 Monroe St. Jefferson City, MO 65101 for $119. For reservations call: 573-636-5101 and mention that you need the MO Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Capitol Plaza Hotel as well located at 415 West McCarty St. Jefferson City, MO 65101 for $99 per night. For reservations call Candy Nilges at 573-638-2306 and mention that you need the MO Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association, #1359, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 2/28/17 – 2/28/20. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive __6__ continuing education clock hours.