Making Waves in a Sea of Change Seminar in Partnership with Hospice & Palliative Care Association of Arkansas
Date & Time
August 12, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
August 12th, 2016
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Branson Convention Center
Cooper Creek Meeting Room
200 Sycamore St.
Branson, MO 65616
Susan Balfour, RN, BA – Partner, Hospice Fundamental
Cordt T. Kassner, PhD CEO, Hospice Analytics, Inc.
Complimentary Reception – August 11th ,2016 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
8:30am-12:00pm Hospice Care on the Move-Where We Have Been, Where We’re Headed and What to Pack for the Journey – Susan Balfour, RN, BA, Partner, Hospice Fundamentals
1:00pm-4:30pm The Impact of Evidence-based Practices on Current and Future Hospice Trends – Cordt T. Kassner, PhD, CEO, Hospice Analytics, Inc.
4:30pm-5:00pm Q/A & Evaluations
- Attendees will be able to review data trends and discern local applications of the information to improve hospice services.
- Describe three key attributes that will prepare hospice organizations for changes predicted within the next 3-5 years.
- Develop strategies to prepare current work force for changes in care delivery and to hire and prepare new work force.
- Evaluate individual hospices for readiness using an inventory tool.
- Completing the Inventory: What Do We Have Now and What Do We Need.
- Discuss Current (2010-2014) Medicare hospice claims trends regarding hospice utilization, length of stay, percentage discharge alive, etc..
If you register a second person you will receive $50 off your second registration.
Late fee of $25 will apply after July 22nd, 2016.
No refunds but substitutions are welcome.
Lunch will be provided with this training.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel (200 East Main St. Branson MO 65616; Phone number: 417-243-3492). Standard Rm. Rate: $120.00—Reserve by 7/12/2016 (Mention Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care when making your reservations)
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Missouri Hospice and Palliative Care Association, #1359, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Missouri Hospice and Palliative Care Association maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 2/28/2016 – 2/28/2017. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Social workers participating in this course will receive __7__ continuing education clock hours.