Event: Leadership Development Seminar
Capitol Plaza Hotel
Jefferson City, MO
The Leadership Development Program this year will be hosting Innovative Hospice Programs from around the State and National Speaker Melinda A. Gaboury. The following are some of the excellent presentations that will be included:
- Using TPOPP to facilitate advance care planning in for your long-term care patients. This presentation will help you recognize the barriers to advance care planning in long-term care, discuss TPOPP and apply the TPOPP/POLST paradigm to other palliative care/hospice situations. – Carol Buller
- How to create that one of a kind Memorial Service. This presentation will educate on how to present a memorial service for the community. – Destiny Poertner, MSW
- How to Create a Veteran Escort Ceremony. This presentation will examine patterns of acknowledging death, importance of honoring veterans, explain the Veteran Escort Ceremony. – Leslie Schaeffer, MSW, LCSW
- How Multidisciplinary Team Huddle Improves Patient Outcomes. This presentation will outline the Huddle process, identify staff responsibilities, review how Huddle can improve patient satisfaction and enhance quality. – Hirshell Parker, BSN, RN
- Deep Dive into Documentation Compliance – Targeted Probe & Educate: Surviving this level of review. Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) was initiated by CMS effective 10/1/17. Details about the processes of identifying which hospices will be subject to TPE will be discussed. Concerns about the sources of clinical information for hospice certification and other recent “reminders” from CMS on these topics. Hospices can expect some focused reviews on CTIs and election statements. This session delves deep into each of these two items, reviewing the requirements for each and how it impacts operations, and goes into any other anticipated focus areas. – Melinda A. Gaboury, COS-C
- Deep Dive into Reimbursement – Challenges of Hospice reimbursement, Hospice PEPPER Reports: why you might be a target The Hospice regulations for the last few years have implemented adjustments and changes to the billing process that are tedious and difficult to keep a handle on. This session will give hospice staff information to assist in them continuing to thrive in the current system. This session will address any current issues related to home health billing and reimbursement. PEPPER has become more important than ever in light of CMS initiated Targeted Probe and Educate. This session will address all the things that the Hospice PEPPER reports convey about your billing data. Don’t miss this eye opener. – Melinda A. Gaboury, COS-C
8:00am— 9:00am Registration
9:00am—11:00am Innovative Projects
11:00am—12:30pm Lunch-On your own.
12:30pm— 4:30pm Deep Dive into Documentation Compliance – Targeted Probe & Educate: Surviving this level of review &
Deep Dive into Reimbursement – Challenges of Hospice reimbursement, Hospice PEPPER Reports: why you might be a target – Melinda A. Gaboury
Late fee of $25 will apply after January 30th, 2018.
No refunds but substitutions are welcome.
Lunch will not be provided with this training
This is an advanced level seminar.
For more information about ADA accessibility or to request ADA accommodations please contact the MHPCA office.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Capital Plaza Hotel located at 415 W. McCarty St. Jefferson City, MO 65101. The price is $95 per night. For reservations call: 573-635-1234 and ask for the MO Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
Upon completion of this course each attendee will be required to complete a evaluation. Each participant will then receive a certificate. Each attendee must complete the entire course to receive CE credits. For any questions or concerns please contact Crystal at email@example.com.
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.
“Missouri Hospice and Palliative Care Association, #1359, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Missouri Hospice and Palliative Care Association maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 2/28/2016 – 2/28/2017. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Social workers participating in this course will receive __6__ continuing education clock hours.”