How to Prepare for a Successful Survey and Work Well with Surveyors Leadership Seminar
Date & Time
September 24 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
September 24, 2021
Beverly Rex, RN received her nursing degree from Lincoln University, Jefferson City, MO. Her experience includes hands on nursing in hospitals, nursing facilities, home health and hospice; and as a Director of Regulatory Nursing Compliance for a nation-wide hospice agency. She has extensive experience working in Healthcare Quality Assurance in central office, for the state of Missouri. She has 20 years in regulatory compliance as a federal/state surveyor, certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in Long Term Care, Hospitals, Home Health and Hospice. She worked several years as Bureau Chief for Hospital Licensing. Beverly currently works as a private nursing consultant.
It is an outgoing struggle for Hospice agencies to be prepared for survey and pass federal and state inspections. In this seminar you will increase knowledge of understanding the survey process, preparing for the survey and how to work well with the surveyors during this survey process.
- Increased understanding of the survey process
- Increased ability to prepare for a survey
- Increased confidence to work well with the surveyors
Power Point presentation to provide information and insight, including (but not limited to):
- Surveys (unannounced) – Tips to help ensure things get started on a good note
- Entrance interview – expectations
Items needed for survey – detailed discussions regarding:
- Home visits – (visit schedules for all disciplines -to include contracted staff)
- Patient admission packet – (specific information required)
- Complaint / Grievance file – (what should this look like)
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Training
- Clinical record reviews – requirements and suggestions to help expedite the process
- QAPI Program
- Infection Control Program
- Bereavement services
- Emergency preparedness
- Personnel file review (specific information required)
- Contracted services
- Volunteer services (how to ensure current/accurate documentation)
- How to prepare for complaint investigations (focused survey) – how are they similar and/or different
- Tips for completing internal QA/QI and root cause analysis
The cost for this all day seminar is $130.00 for members & $150.00 for non-members.
No late fee!
There are no refunds, however substitutions are welcome.
This seminar provides 4 Social Worker CE hours.
No Nurse CE hours will be available.
Upon completion of this course each attendee will be required to complete an evaluation. Each participant will then receive a certificate. Each attendee must complete the entire course to receive CE credits. Certificates will be distributed to attendees upon signing out of the seminar. For any questions or concerns please contact Crystal at email@example.com.
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association, #1359, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 2/28/20- 2/28/23. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive __4_ continuing education clock hours.