Hospice Nurses 101 Seminar
Date & Time
August 26, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
August 26, 2022
8:00am – 5:00pm
Overview: This hospices nurses 101 training will feature four speakers and various topics relevant to nursing case managers who work in end-of-life care. Take a deep dive into team approach/care coordination, case management, pain and symptom management, and segment on boundaries, ethics, and psychosocial topics.
- Increase in knowledge in identifying the role of a functioning team within the interdisciplinary group
- Increase in knowledge about the team’s role in working with patients, families and other care providers.
- Describe how they will integrate the value of team support, communication, and collaborative problem-solving into their daily practice.
- Describe how they will identify qualities of a high-functioning team member.
- Describe how they will implement structure for delivery of care into their daily practice.
- Increase in knowledge of care planning regulatory guidelines and contractual requirements.
- Describe how they will integrate care coordination with other care providers into their daily practice
- Identify common symptoms of patients at end of life.
- Apply key hospice regulations in care and services provided to hospice patients.
- Understand hospice philosophy and best practices for consults, triage, and support.
Robin Carnett – RN, BSN, CHPN
Kassie Hodge – MSN, RN, CHPN
Val Criswell – MSW
Greg Volpitto – Chaplain
8:00 – 10:00: Team Approach and Care Coordination – Robin Carnett
10:00 – 12:00: Case Management – Kassie Hodge
12:00 – 12:30: Lunch
12:30 – 3:30: Pain and Symptom Management/Compounding – Kassie Hodge
3:30 – 5:00: Boundaries/Psychosocial/Spiritual/Ethics – Val Criswell and Greg Volpitto
The cost for members is $200 and the cost for nonmembers is $250.
Nurses CE’s will be an additional $25.
There are no refunds, however substitutions are welcome.
Please use your Medicare ID number for your membership number.
Registrants will receive the Zoom link and call in information the week of the training.
CE approval pending. Check back soon.