Hospice Nurses 101 Seminar
Date & Time
August 24, 2016 @ 8:00 am - August 26, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
August 26th, 2016
7:30 am – 8:00 am Registration
8:00am-10:00am Team Approach & Care Coordination, Robin Carnett, RN, BSN, CHPN
- Identify the team function of the interdisciplinary group.
- Understand the team’s role in working with patients and families.
- Identify qualities of a high-functioning team member.
- Provide structure for delivery of care.
- Describe care planning regulatory guidelines.
- Describe contractual requirements.
- Explain need for coordination.
10:00am – 10:15am Break
10:15am-12:15pm Survey Approach, Elizabeth Lee, RN, BA, RSW, CHPN
- Describe selected hospice regulatory requirements and rationale.
- Apply key hospice regulations in care and services provided to hospice patients.
- Verbalize their roles in hospice quality improvement activities.
- List referenced resources for hospice regulatory information and learn how to obtain updates to hospice regulations.
12:15pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 2:45pm Pain & Symptom Mgmt./Compounding, Colleen Gilmore, RN, MSN, ANP-BC
- Be able to identify most common symptoms of patients at the end-of-life.
- Learn definitions and etiologies of common symptoms in end-of-life care.
- Learn pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions for common symptoms of end-of-life care.
2:45pm – 3:00pm Break
3:00pm – 4:30pm Boundaries/Psychosocial/Spiritual/Ethics, Bob Reagan, BS
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the Chaplain and Social Worker as team members.
- Identify interventions used by the Social Worker and Chaplain.
- Identify issues that arise during end-of-life, including ethical dilemmas.
- Identify boundaries in the workplace and patient care.
4:30pm – 5:00pm Q&A/Evaluations
Late fee of $25 after August 5th, 2016 and a 35 seat limit.
Printed Material will be an extra $20.00 and Nurses CE’s will be an extra $25.00.
Lunch is provided with this seminar.
This seminar has 7 Nursing Contact hours.
No refunds but substitutions are welcome.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Doubletree Hotel, 422 Monroe St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, for $119, including a full breakfast. For reservations call: 573-636-5101 and mention that you need the Mo Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.