Hospice Nurses 101 Seminar
Date & Time
August 25, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
August 25th, 2017
Miriam Weter, RN
Elizabeth Lee, RN, BA, RSW, CHPN
Bob Reagan, BS
Colleen Gilmore, RN, MSN, ANP-BC
Team Approach & Care Coordination, Miriam Weter, RN
- Identify the team function of the interdisciplinary group.
- Understand the teams role in working with patients and families.
- Identify qualities of high-functioning team members.
- Provide structure for delivery of care.
- Describe care planning regulatory guidelines.
- Describe contractual requirements.
- Explain need for coordination.
Survey Approach, Elizabeth Lee, RN, BA, RSW, CHPN
- Describe selected hospice regulatory requirements and rationale.
- Apply key hospice regulations in care and services provided to hospice patients.
- Verbalize their roles in hospice quality improvement activities.
- List referenced resources for hospice regulatory information and learn how to obtain updates to hospice regulations.
Boundaries/Psychosocial/Spiritual/Ethics, Bob Reagan, BS
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the Chaplain and Social Worker as team members.
- Identify interventions used by the Social Worker and Chaplain.
- Identify issues that arise during end-of-life, including ethical dilemmas.
- Identify boundaries in the workplace and patient care.
Pain & Symptom Mgmt./Compounding, Colleen Gilmore, RN, MSN, ANP-BC
- Be able to identify most common symptoms of patients at the end-of-life
- Learn definitions and etiologies of common symptoms in end-of-life care.
- Learn pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions for common symptoms of end-of-life care.
The cost for this seminar is $150.00 for members & $175.00 for non-members.
Late fee of $25 after August 9th, 2017 and a 35 seat limit.
Nurses CE’s will be an extra $25.00.
Lunch Is provided with this seminar.
There are no refunds, however substitutions are welcome.
This seminar provides 7 Nursing Contact hours.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Doubletree Hotel, 422 Monroe St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, for $119 including a full breakfast. For reservations call: 573-636-5101 and mention that you need the MO Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.