Event: CHPN Review Seminar
September 20, 2019
Robin Carnett, RN, BSN, CHPN
Senior Director of Professional Services, Heartland Hospice, St. Louis, MO
As a result of this activity:
- Learners will describe how to register for the test, the expectations for examines, and the resources available for further study.
- Learners will self-report an increase in knowledge regarding patterns of disease progression.
- Learners will self-report an increasing in knowledge regarding pain management in the dying patient.
- Learners will describe the various symptoms to be controlled in the dying patient and suggested methods for controlling them.
- Learners will self-report an increase in knowledge regarding care of the actively dying patient and family.
- Learners will express an increased knowledge base within an overview of hospice and palliative care.
- Learners will describe appropriate interdisciplinary collaborative practice in hospice and palliative care settings.
- Learners will self-report an increased knowledge base regarding psychiatric/psychological symptoms and diagnoses.
- Learners will describe various ethical issues in end-of-life care.
- Learners will describe care of the family in end-of-life care.
- Learners will self-report an increase in knowledge regarding palliative care across care settings.
- Learners will self-report an increase in knowledge regarding policy and economic issues in palliative care.
- Learners will describe advance care planning and goals of care at the end of life.
8:30am-12:00pm CHPN Review Part 1
12:45pm-4:15pm CHPN Review Part 2
The cost for this seminar is $200.00 for members & $250.00 for non-members.
Late fee of $25 after Sept. 6, 2019 and a 35 seat limit.
Nurses CE’s will be an extra $25.00.
Lunch is provided with this seminar.
Printed materials are included with registration.
There are no refunds, however substitutions are welcome.
This seminar provides 7 Nursing Contact hours.
Upon completion of this course each attendee will be required to complete an evaluation. Each participant will then receive a certificate. Each attendee must complete the entire course to receive CE credits. Certificates will be distributed to attendees upon signing out of the seminar. For any questions or concerns please contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Doubletree Hotel, 422 Monroe St, Jefferson City, MO 65101, for $120 including a full breakfast. For reservations call: 573-636-5101 and mention that you need the MO Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
MHPCA has obtained a special room rate for our participants at the Capitol Plaza Hotel as well located at 415 West McCarty St. Jefferson City, MO 65101 for $99 per night. For reservations call Candy Nilges at 573-638-2306 and mention that you need the MO Hospice and Palliative Care Association rate.
Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.