Mission and Goals
The Missouri Hospice & Palliative Care Association (MHPCA) is the state-wide not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support and strengthen coordinated care for terminally ill Missourians and their families through the advancement of hospice and palliative care.
- Hospice concept of care for terminally ill patients and their families
- Understanding among healthcare professionals of the needs and resources available to the terminally ill patient and family
- Communication among existing hospice programs and developing programs within Missouri and at the regional and national levels of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization;
- Improved healthcare legislation, regulation of standards for hospice care at all governmental levels and responsive reimbursement plans
- Education for the general public pertinent to the hospice concept
- Research in the field of hospice care.
The Organization has Three Primary Goals: